List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Request for comments: New address book API
From:       helio () conectiva ! com ! br
Date:       2001-10-14 15:07:25

Hi..

Since its in the beginning of new API, a bit time ago our staff at Conectiva
are asking about LDAP support over kmail.. After a small message changing with
the guy who takes the task, i am asking myself about if kmail is the real point
to add LDAP support, since many apps could be using same thing, knode as an
example.
I believe that some plugin/internal feature oculd be added i linkab code to
enabling LDAP directly in KDE address books.
Besides our shortage of time, i ll be happy to help, even program this part,
since we have a good test environment at Conectiva and our department are a bit
involved in LDAP solutions to some of our customers..
Well, that is it..
If the idea are well receiced, lets see how we can fast approcah this..

Regards, Helio