List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Place for newbie questions
From:       Viktor Rosenfeld <rosenfel () informatik ! hu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-10-12 21:11:28

Hi there,

I recently did a couple of QT and KDE tutorials and am now trying to
learn KDE programming by wading through the various class references.

I have a couple of newbie questions (like the one below) and don't
really know where to ask them.  Or could kde-devel be the right place?

Anyway, here's my question: I'm looking for a widget that looks like a
horizontal line.  This widget is employed by KDE itself in various
dialogs, usually to visually separate the content of the dialog from the
Okay, Apply and Cancel buttons.  You probably know what I'm talking
about, it's fairly standard.  There's actually a widget in qt-designer
called Line, but I'm unable to find this widget in the QT class
reference.  I searched for "line" and "rule" in both QT and KDE, but
couldn't find anything.

I could use a QFrame, set the height to 2 and the style to sunken, but
this is just a dirty hack, as I am sure that there is a class somewhere
which implements that internally.

TIA,
Viktor
--=20