List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KStdActions. How to  add to...
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () suse ! com>
Date:       2001-10-12 15:43:08

On Friday 12 October 2001 12:20 am, John Gluck wrote:
> I have 2 more questions.
>
> 1- Is there any way to stop $KDEDIR/share/config/ui/ui_standards.rc from
> being read by my program???

Yes, but please don't.  Unless your application is SO different then all
other apps, it's wise to stick with the standard.

Hint: "noMerge" :-)

> 2- If there is an action defined in the
> $KDEDIR/share/config/ui/ui_standards.rc that I don't want how can I remove
> it??
>      Is this simply a case of not instatiateing the action I don't want??

Yes.  The actions listed in ui_standards.rc are just place holders.  They
aren't actually USED until you instantiate a KAction in your code.

            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop