List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Why kde 2.2.2 ?
From:       aleXXX <alexander.neundorf () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-10-12 15:30:14

On Fri 12 Oct 01 08:20, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:

> Suggestion:
> Send a post release request to the original bug reporter to verify the bug
> with the newest release.  He/She is the one who can best and fastest judge
> if the bug is solved.
> As I try to keep my own open bug reports up to date I know how easy it is
> to verify my own reports and how difficult and time consuming it can be to
> understand and reproduce the problem.
>
> To make things easy I suggest a html page with all (or only bugs from
> earlier releases) open bugs ( hyperlink opens in new window) of the bug
> reporter with 2 (3) options to tik
> * fixed  (closes the bug)
> * to be fixed / validated (adds informational message "still valid" to the
> bug)
> (* checked but not sure)
>
> IMHO especialy those how regulary report bugs will be prepared to verify
> their own bugs and reducing the number of old open bugs significantly.

Well, this sounds really good IMO.
Can we do something like this ?
After every release scan the list of open bugs, and for bug reporters, which
reported more than e.g. 5 bugs (i.e. active bug reporters) generate a mail,
containing the url's of their bug reports and asking them to verify with the
new release whether the bug still exists or if it is fixed and then to close
it.

Bye
Alex

P.S. I don't volunteer, I have absolutely no idea of such script/web
programming