List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Why kde 2.2.2 ?
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-10 17:42:31

On Wednesday 10 October 2001 06:27 am, "Éric" Brunet wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> KDE 2.2.2 is scheduled as a bugfix release over KDE 2.2.1.
> However, http://www.kde.org/info/2.2.1.html claims that there are no
> known bugs for KDE 2.2.1.
>
> So, what is the reason for KDE 2.2.2 ? I assume that the KDE 2.2.1 info
> page is not up to date and that there are some known bugs, but how
> anoying are they ? I haven't upgraded from KDE 2.1.2 yet, should I try
> KDE 2.2.1, or should I wait for KDE 2.2.2 ?

The claim that there are no "known bugs" is incorrect, we have about 4000
known bugs :-]. What we try to say is that there are no "major bugs that we
know of".

KDE 2.2.2 fixes a bunch of mostly minor issues, you can have a look at
http://www.kde.org/announcements/changelog2_2_1to2_2_2.html to see what has
changed, the changelog is probably not complete at this moment.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
There are about 7.000.000 people on the verge of starvation in Afghanistan.
37.000 daily rations is enough to feed 0.5% of them for a day.