List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: SSH kioslave
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-10 21:55:25

On Wednesday 10 October 2001 17:38, Jörg Walter wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 October 2001 19:35, Lucas Fisher wrote:
> > We seem to have a plethera of ssh ioslaves. :)  I wrote a sftp ioslave
> > over
>
> Only none worked until Saturday, when I began coding this one. Or they were
> hiding cleverly. kio_fish works, and I am confident enough to call it 1.0,
> both feature- and bug-wise. (Please, do send bug reports or simple "it
> works") Moreover, FISH is not sftp. FISH is no protocol at all, but using
> dd, cat, rm, mv, cp, grep, ls, ... to do all filesystem management tasks. I
> even want try to use rsync for better performance, dunno yet if it is
> possible. Basically, even if you're stuck with some obscure web server O/S
> and no admin privileges, you can still work fine.

  I would just like to point out that this is perhaps the most dangerous I/O
slave to install yet.  I haven't seen how it works, but based on description,
it sounds like a webpage redirecting to this i/o slave could do virtually
anything.

   So, do we have this hole fully closed up in konqueror yet?  If so, people
should be made aware to only use this slave on current versions.

--

George Staikos