List:       kde-devel
Subject:    broken kicker (2.2.1)?
From:       Ben Burton <bburton () mail ! math ! okstate ! edu>
Date:       2001-10-10 17:09:19

Hi.  As of yesterday, kicker will no longer start in a proper KDE session.
I can run kicker from within GNOME and it will happily sit on top of the
GNOME panel, but when I run a full KDE session then kicker briefly appears
and vanishes (twice).  Running it from a konsole gives:

bab@espresso:~> kicker
Constructor
Setting Timer...
Times up...
W4H Resize: 30
got false
Changeing to size 30,60

[ ... lots more x/y/resize type messages ... ]

Changeing to size 42,84
x+2 44
x/3 14
y/2 42
2*x/3 28
kicker: crashHandler called
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!
bab@espresso:~>

Reboots and cleaning out /tmp don't help.  Any ideas what the problem
might be?

Thanks,
	Ben.