List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Some thoughts on kdelibs et al.
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-09-27 22:51:36

On Donnerstag, 27. September 2001 14:30 Michael Häckel wrote:

> At least in KMail we changed some time ago from dynamic_cast to
> static_cast, because dynamic_cast didn't work properly on True64 due to a
> compiler bug.

But those are not really interchangeable. Either you need to know whether an
object is of a certain type or you don't. Only in the former case, you use
dynamic_cast (or QObject::inherits() on broken compilers). But many parts in
KDe use dynamic_cast, so all that would be broken on True64.

Cheers
Carsten Pfeiffer