List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Font messed up
From:       Michael Brade <Michael.Brade () informatik ! uni-muenchen ! de>
Date:       2001-09-27 10:33:47

On Thursday 27 September 2001 09:22, Michael Goffioul wrote:
> Michael Brade wrote:
> > On Wednesday 26 September 2001 22:14, Raffaele Sandrini wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have now a running KDE3, cool! Almost everything mostly in dialogs is
> > > showed in a courier style font wich is really bad. I had that prob also
> > > one time in KDE2 but there it was a Anti Aliasing prob. Anti aliasing
> > > disabled at KDE on my box. Whats the problem here?
> >
> > Hmm, QT_XFT is not anymore. Use qtconfig to change the default font and
> > AA.
>
> With or without AA, fonts with Qt3 doesn't look as nice as in Qt2. The line
> spacing is much larger (about 33%), resulting in a lot of lost space in
> text, menus, buttons, ...
Since you mention this again, I have to say on my setup all the fonts are
looking really great. I have no problems what so ever (I'm using XFree's cvs
and deleted every freetype lib I had on my system previously). Hmm, but
you're not the only one, I heard this from someone else as well...

Ciao,
  Michael

--

       Some operating systems are called `user friendly',
             Linux however is `expert friendly'.