List:       kde-debian
Subject:    setting Firefox as default internet browser
From:       "beijnes () xs4all ! nl" <beijnes () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2005-03-09 23:32:37

L.S.

I know I probably am asking a questin already handled but I can't seem
to get a good answer from google and mailing list archive...

For some of my users, Mozilla Firefox is a more desireable internet
browser than Konqueror.
I have set Default browser to Firefox in the KDE configuration tool.
However, Every time I open an internet link in e.g. Mozilla Thunderbird
or from the desktop,
Konqueror spawns a window, downloads the desired webpage, and routes
it's cache-contents to ffirefox to display the desired page.

What do I do wrong?

When I installed dhe firefox .deb-package, I answered 'Debian' on the
question how requests for internet links should be handled. (other
choices were Manual or GNOME)
The dialog text said this was teh preferred way to install firefox with KDE

Regards,
Marout