List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Re: Debian Desktop... but which Debian on my Desktop...
From:       "C. Gatzemeier" <c.gatzemeier () tu-bs ! de>
Date:       2004-10-03 19:59:26

Am Sunday 03 October 2004 12:16 schrieb Christoph Wiesen:

> When a new user starts the system he will surely have no idea of what the
> little boxes with "1" and "2" on them are about, and when he clicks on them
> nothing will happen... hmmm.

My experience has also been that the desktop pager often makes for one of the
first "Wow, this is cool" in new apprentices :)

IMHO two desktops are perfect for a start, maybe have distinguishable
backgrounds. I think it might even be considered to omit the show-desktop
icon in favor of the pager.

Christian