List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: Fwd: UserLinux Live CD / Morph
From:       "Peter Rockai \(mornfall\)" <mornfall () danill ! sk>
Date:       2004-09-20 12:12:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 19 September 2004 10:50, Otto Kekäläinen wrote:
> Hello!
Hello!

> UserLinux has apparently published a first draft of their CD. It is based
> on Morphix, which is the modular livecd-project. I was thinking if we could
> publish a KDE mainmodule for Morphix... it would save work, since we could
> then use the Morphix kernel, hardware detection and installer.
We are not interested in using livecd installer. If we have a live cd version,
it will be a supplementary one for demonstration purposes. The real
installation will be done through debian-installer. Live CD installers
generally don't cut it (iow, if they copy the image onto harddrive, we don't
want it... if it somehow debootstraps the distribution using the live cd as
source, then it's starting to become interesting).

As for using morphix as a live cd base, i don't have any problem with that and
i'll leave it on whoever produces the live cd. The only conditions i think
are applicable for Kalyxo Live version is that it is produced from same
package tree as regular kalyxo release and that the system is free software
(the problem with nvidia binary drivers is unresolved as of now, but
distributing flash plugin is a no-go... i can't think of any other piece of
proprietary software we'd want to include).

Yours,
    Peter