List:       kde-debian
Subject:    TuxumOS installer
From:       "Pedro =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mar=EDa?= de Echanove =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Pasqu=EDn?=" <pechano
Date:       2004-09-19 9:48:59

Hi all

I am new at the list. My name is Pedro Echanove and I am the CEO (and one of
the first developers) of Tuxum, a spanish company that develops free
software.

We have developed a Linux distribution, which is Debian based (woody R2).
The Desktop we choose for that distribution was of course KDE. Basically,
our operating system (TuxumOS Desktop) is: Debian stable + lots of backports
+ KDE 3 + kernel 2.6 + XFree 4.4 (wish to switch to x.org) + updated
hardware detection + OpenOffice 1.1.2 + Tuxum installer (GPL installer
developed from scratch by Tuxum - now we are transforming it into a qt
frontend for Debian installer). The installer is very easy to use (it is
designed for an end user - only has 4 steps) and there is a script in order
to generate an ISO image with selected packages that boots the installer
from the CD or DVD.

The result is a very robust and stable operating system which has the latest
and best Desktop for Linux (KDE 3.3).

We want to collaborate with this project because we see a lot of affinities
between it and our project.

Regards,

Pedro Echanove