List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: back from LinuxTag...
From:       Harri Porten <porten () froglogic ! com>
Date:       2004-06-27 10:40:55

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004, Torsten Rahn wrote:

> > -openoffice with kde style
> > -mozilla with kde look
>
> This was available at the "KDE - the integrated desktop" demopoint. I don't
> see much need having it available at the "KDevelop" demopoint e.g.

I completely agree with the general preference of stable, pre-built
packages over experimental, self-compiled versions.

But on the point of specialized setup I'd be careful. A too high
(internal) specialization of demo points can be harmful in many ways I
think:

a) the lack of a common basis makes it harder to let several people
present stuff on multiple machines ("I'm going to show you something else
... oops ... X is appearantly not installed here. I'll have to spend a
minute to get the some done with Y which I'm not familiar with.")

b) it's less visitor friendly due to a reduced flexibility. If there's a
line of people blocking one machine you can't just drag some of them over
to another machine which is currently available.

Harri.