List:       kde-debian
Subject:    win key for K menu
From:       Sebastian Luque <sluque () mun ! ca>
Date:       2004-06-17 17:05:08

Hi all,

I've just moved to Linux and KDE from Windows XP. I've searched all over the
net and help files to find a solution to this small problem. The solutions
I've found are not cutting it.

I'd like to use the Windows key (start key) to open up the K menu, just like
it opens the start menu in Windows (i.e. right on top of the K button in the
taskbar). When I was running Knoppix 3.4 from the CD, it worked exactly like
that. But once I installed it on the HD, this feature is gone. The solution
offered by Knoppix and a few other sites involves remapping this key to the
pop-up-launch-menu command, but this makes the k menu pop up wherever the
mouse happens to be sitting. Not good.

I've also tried copying the .config folder from the Knoppix CD to no avail.

Any tips?