List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: YaST GPL'ed
From:       Datschge <datschge () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-03-23 1:16:03

On Sunday 21 March 2004 08:47, Simon Edwards wrote:
> I've been working on some admin tools and will take a good look at YAST
> when it is made available. (I need to see if my efforts were just made
> obsolete. :-] )

Hm, to be honest I don't know yet either. I didn't use SuSE since the pre
YaST2 days anymore. On the promo list Scott Wheeler wrote following:

"Actually I don't know if you've ever looked at the code, but it's written in
a weird meta-style so that it can be used with different GUIs.  One of those
just happens to be a Qt frontend."

Reading a couple of resources about it YaST mostly seems to access one unified
central configuration file where all available settings are stored and then
calls suseconf which then handles the work of comparing and applying the
changes to individual configurations files, creating scriptes etc. I suppose
we will find out more when the source is publically released.

Cheers, Datschge