List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: Do we need a support center?
From:       Sascha Morr <ml () sturmkind ! info>
Date:       2004-03-12 0:17:07

Hello,

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 17:56:53 +0100
Kévin 'ervin' Ottens <ervin@tuxfamily.org> wrote:

> Maybe it needs to be more though... Do we need specific tools? In
> particular to reduce the pain maintaining such support center
> knowledge base...

I thing we need only the browser as tool. The hole 'Support Center' should be based \
on a website. It need a easy and clear design that should be very userfriendly for \
those users who have a PC as a tool not as a hobby.
> Is it possible for you to investigate a little more and come back with
> a more precise proposition?

Hm, i work in a market and sell computers *g* We need a clear and easy to use website \
with the following points:

- Knowledge Base: Artikles and Hints about Userlinux with a searchengine

- Forum/Mailinglist: A user2user forum/mailinglist where the user can get help when \
he don't find it into the knowledge base.

- News about patches etc.

- Multilingual support

No more! It will be possible to offer commercial support to, propably in co-operation \
with some commercial Distributions based on Userlinux. There will be a ticket-System \
possible too. A GUI that allows to use and configurate  'apt-get update' + "apt-get \
dist-upgrade' periodically for automatic updates will be fine too! ;-)

Greetings
Sascha