List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: Again on KControl
From:       Kévin_'ervin'_Ottens <ervin () tuxfamily ! org>
Date:       2004-03-05 15:24:10

Le vendredi 5 Mars 2004 12:04, C. Gatzemeier a écrit :
> And because we are talking about Configuration Management applications
> here, I would allways suggest to build a good Desktop solution on a good
> GNU/Linux sulution, like http://freedesktop.org/Main/CFG for example.
> Allowing the desktop side development to focus more ressources on
> usability, sharing the foundation.

Moreover, a way for building configuration management applications is to split
it in bakend and frontend to reduce the maintaince work (and we now that
maintaining such tools can be very boring).
So why not using a backend that works?

IMHO we definitely need to evaluate if Config4GNU is suitable for our aims...
I'm going to try it and see how it's made...

Regards.
--
Kévin 'ervin' Ottens, http://ervin.tuxfamily.org
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."