List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: we need a name and a homepage ! who volunteers ?
From:       Daniel Stone <daniel () fooishbar ! org>
Date:       2004-01-27 20:37:20

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 09:27:14PM +0100, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 January 2004 21:23, Warren Postma wrote:
> > Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > >can we please decide for a preliminary project name and set up a web page
> > > ?
> > >
> > >Anything speaking against "project kalypso" ?
> > >Undertitle: "Enhancing kde for the enterprise"  or "Taking the linux
> > > desktop to the enterprise" or something like that.
> >
> > How about KDebianEnterprise (get it, K.D.E. capitals.)? Straightforward
> > enough.
>
> Yes, but AFAIK there were several arguments that since we're not officially
> related to debian we can't use their name.
> I also think we shouldn't start using the word "enterprise" in our official
> name before we have some really impressing stuff.

Right. I can't see KDE being too happy about 'KDE' suddenly becoming
ambiguous, either. Try to think outside the box: 'Ximian' doesn't have
GNOME in it, Xandros and Knoppix don't have Debian in them, yet they are
derived from their parents, and everyone knows that.

--
Daniel Stone                                              <daniel@fooishbar.org>
"The programs are documented fully by _The Rise and Fall of a Fooish Bar_,