List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: FOSDEM2004 and KDE/Debian ...
From:       Mark Bucciarelli <mark () easymailings ! com>
Date:       2004-01-21 13:19:47

On Wednesday 21 January 2004 3:51 am, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 09:45:58AM +0100, Fabrice Mous wrote:
> > On Wednesday 21 January 2004 01:02, Dominique Devriese wrote:
> > |  Fabrice Mous writes:
> > |  > Is someone from teh KDE/Debian project going to be present at
> > |  > FOSDEM? Please tell me.
> > |
> > |  I will be, but you already knew that :)
> >
> > Yes :)
> >
> > Anyway ... the following was posted on the dot
> >
> > http://dot.kde.org/1074459110/1074618792/
> >
> > --snip--
> > *What about a kde-debian presentation ?*
> >  by Thibauld Favre on Tuesday 20/Jan/2004, @18:13
> >  I'm looking forward to hearing how the kde-debian project is going ! It
> > would be great if there were such a presentation in the KDE Developpers
> > room... --snap--
> >
> > As I'm scouting for KDE Devs who are willing to do a talk in the KDE
> > developers' room
> > http://www.fosdem.org/2004/index/dev_room_kde
> >
> > Or maybe want to do a unofficial talk aka lightning talk
> > http://www.fosdem.org/2004/index/talks/
> > http://wiki.fosdem.org/tiki-index.php?page=LightningTalks
> >
> > So maybe KDE/Debian can have some kind of presence and do a talk?
>
> And say what, seriously? "We started to do stuff but then argued about a
> name for 4 weeks so everyone got bored and did other stuff instead."?
> Don't get me wrong, Kapture and Kalternatives (I haven't forgotten you,
> Juanjux, I've just been way too busy) are great, right, but it's nothing
> with which to advertise a major project.

Well, I'll be meeting the Brian Proffitt today at LinuxWorld.  I'm going to
tell him
- the number of that signed Navindra's original white paper
- the impressive qt/gtk integration efforts
- kapture
- kalternatives
- the live cd

(any other points? )

and that we are just getting going ...

Patience ... for people like me, with one main production machine that is not
running Debian, it takes a while to convert everything over.

I would say this project is entering a "settling mode"--the initial
enthusiastic burst is over, now we will find out who has time to contribute.

Regards,

Mark