List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: Installing 3rd party packages, apt URIs
From:       Marcin Pawlik <wapkil () o2 ! pl>
Date:       2004-01-19 11:04:42

On Mon, Jan 19 at 08:37, Pedro Jurado Maqueda wrote:
> Why not this with a graphical front-end?. I probe it and works fine.
> Other reason to use, it's still in development.
>
> http://asic-linux.com.mx/~izto/checkinstall/

Checkinstall is a nice program but it cannot replace manual package
creation. It's impossible to build a good package using only the
information from installation procedure. Using checkinstall to install
packages from sources instead of .debs is of course also not something
we should recommend.

Regards,

--
Marcin Pawlik