List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: debtags (was: [devel] Another idea)
From:       Marcin Pawlik <wapkil () o2 ! pl>
Date:       2004-01-13 18:23:09

On Tue, Jan 13 at 16:27, Dominique Devriese wrote:
> Peter Rockai writes:
>
>> Section: office/openoffice GenericName: The OpenOffice.org Office
>> Suite Name: OpenOffice.org Required-Tags:
>> Desktop::Office::OpenOffice.org ...  The packages not satisfying
>> criteria for any section get discarded, ie hidden. Voila, easy and
>> nice *and* distribution friendly (they only override one file). And
>> uses mostly in-place technology, no wheel-reinventing.
>
> Hi,
>
> In the meantime, I have found out that debtags is implemented using
> the tagcoll library, and I should be looking at that.

How do you plan to use debtags here? Is there an implementation in which
you can define customization of the tag database visible only for a
single program in the system? I know only the initial announcement where
the database was system-wide so I don't think this can be the place for
data used only by one application...

Regards,

--
Marcin Pawlik