List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: Translation update
From:       "Kurt Pfeifle" <kpfeifle () danka ! de>
Date:       2004-01-09 18:52:43

Mark Bucciarelli wrote:
> (1) welcome_en.html is done
>
> (2) The post-freeze to faq_en.html that I was not able to handle myself is the
> following:
>
> -<P ALIGN="justify">   If your computer is a laptop, try using the "noapic"
> +<P ALIGN="justify">   If your computer still won't boot, try using the
>
> I changed the phrase "is a laptop" to "still won't boot".
>
> (3) Here is the list of German strings in the hard disk installer.  If one of
> the German speakers could translate these into English, then we can get it
> into other languages.  Thanks!
>
> "Copy"  = what in German?  It's a dialog box header.

Kopieren (verb)
Kopie (noun)

(Capitalize as needed)

> "Willkommen zum KDE-Live-CD Installationsprogramm."
    Welcome to the KDE Live CD Installer

> "Installation abbrechen"
    abort installation

> "Installation fortsetzen"
    continue installation

> "Benutzername"
    user name

> "Passwort (erneut eingeben)"
    password (repeat entry)

> "Passwort"
    password

> "Partition"
    partition

> "Partitioniere und formatiere die Festplatte"
    partition and format the harddisk

> "Finished"
    finished     # German would be "Abgeschlossen" or "Beendet"

> "Computer neu starten"
    Re-start computer

> "Installationsprogramm beenden"
    Cancel installation program

> "Kopiere die Dateien von der CD auf die Festplatte."
    copy(ing) files from CD to harddisk

> Regards,
>
> Mark

Cheers,