List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: Translate mission control was: Control Center or separate
From:       Juanjo Alvarez <juanjux () progressive-comp ! com>
Date:       2004-01-04 1:33:43

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 01:30:03AM +0100, Pedro Jurado Maqueda wrote:

> My question is, how can we translate the mission control?. It's only HTML
> and I see one or two years ago in Lycoris Linux

Easy, insted of directly calling a HTML file from the KAdmin (or
whatever it is named) call a KDE (python|perl|whatever) script that
generates the HTML dinamically (somewhat like a CGI but without the need
for a HTTP server). This way you can i18n(mark) the strings that should
go into the final HTML to translate them (and do other dinamic things
like for example showing only links for the installed application and/or
documentation, of course).