List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: Control Center or separate application? Was: Kalternatives 0.2
From:       "Kurt Pfeifle" <kpfeifle () danka ! de>
Date:       2004-01-04 2:51:20

Dominique Devriese wrote:

> Kurt Pfeifle writes:
>

>>I think one of the most important immediate things is to make a
>>change that clearly differentiates between per-user settings and
>>system admin settings.
>

>>As I said elsewhere already, it should possibly even become split
>>into two different beasts: KControl and KAdmin or some such.
>

>>Also, to interface and coordinate with Waldo's efforts for a GUI
>>frontend to configure kiosk mode(s) is very important
>

> I agree with all of these points.  How do you think the above could be
> implemented ?

Don't expect me to say something clever about this. I am just
a user and documentation writer, who sometimes tries to say
something sounding like a smartarse ;-)

> I would hope we could make KControl and KAdmin two
> instances of the same code.

This might be clever or not -- it is beyond my grasp. I am
CC'ing danimo because he should become involved (or he knows
who is now in charge of kcontrol)

> Kapture should probably be made a part of
> KAdmin btw.
>
> Anyway, this is the area that I'd personally like to see kde-debian
> work move into.  Improve Debian and KDE's need for an enterprise-ready
> Desktop with the feature's seen in other distros.  And to do it the
> right way, by working together with the two projects as much as
> possible.  It's really nice to see this much discussion on this here !
>
> cheers
> domi

Cheers,
Kurt