List:       kde-cygwin
Subject:    RE: Working Qt4 with win32-msvc.net
From:       Thiago A. Corrêa <thiagoacorrea () uol ! com ! br>
Date:       2005-06-30 13:35:35

> I'm new to kde-cygwin but I thought I'd post this:
> I managed to get the open source Qt4/win to compile with MSVC .NET 2003.
> Here are two screenshots:
> http://tinyurl.com/c9aqr
> http://tinyurl.com/dysaw (yes, that's Qt compiling in the background ;-)
>
> Looks good so far, but I've only tested the core, gui and qtmain libs yet (those \
> were all that's needed for the tutorials)
> How I did it:
> I took the borland/msvc patches from this list.

Yeah, that's right, I didn't check if my zip file was self contained... I need some \
files in that previous zip files, although mine overwrites some of them =)

> I had to fix a few library issues:
> In the Makefile.pro's for the tools, there's a line commented out that looks like \
> this: #win32:LIBS += libz.lib
> remove the hash and compile (don't forget to qmake), then it'll work (of course you \
> need libz.lib somewhere the compiler can find it)

I didn't have to do this at all. Where is that Makefile.pro exactly?

> For the GUI library, I patched the Makefile.{Debug,Release} to include libz.lib and \
> libpng.lib in the "LIBS=..." line. I didn't yet find out how to do it properly.

I didn't check what was enabled in the lib yet, so far I'm using the same \
.qmake.cache as the win32-g++ binary distribution, and for that config I didn't have \
to touch makefiles either.  I did had to debug qmake a bit to get it to generate \
working makefiles, so I might have missed things required for other config options

> I also had to compile the qtmain.lib by creating a project in the MSVC GUI and \
> setting "Ignore default libraries" to "true". Somehow this didn't work with the \
> nmake compilation and the resulting .lib files always generated double definitions \
> for bad_cast or something when they were linked to a project.

So, does this means you are using qmake -t vclib?
I haven't touched the vcproj generator yet :P
It works building from the command line... but I had to do a nmake distclean to \
remove the Makefiles from win32-g++ and have them re-generated by my patched qmake.

> Oh, and for t14, I had to change the "Game Over" font from "Courier" to "Courier \
> new" (canonfield.cpp line 179) otherwise the font looked retro-style ;-)

Mine looks exactly like the screenshot, is it taken after or before the change? Mine \
is unchanged. :)