List:       kde-cygwin
Subject:    RE: Working Qt4 with win32-msvc.net
From:       Michael_Drüing <Michael.Drueing () advanced-unibyte ! de>
Date:       2005-06-30 13:06:02

Hi,

I'm new to kde-cygwin but I thought I'd post this:
I managed to get the open source Qt4/win to compile with MSVC .NET 2003.
Here are two screenshots:
http://tinyurl.com/c9aqr
http://tinyurl.com/dysaw (yes, that's Qt compiling in the background ;-)

Looks good so far, but I've only tested the core, gui and qtmain libs yet (those were \
all that's needed for the tutorials)

How I did it:
I took the borland/msvc patches from this list.
I had to fix a few library issues:
In the Makefile.pro's for the tools, there's a line commented out that looks like \
this: #win32:LIBS += libz.lib
remove the hash and compile (don't forget to qmake), then it'll work (of course you \
need libz.lib somewhere the compiler can find it)

For the GUI library, I patched the Makefile.{Debug,Release} to include libz.lib and \
libpng.lib in the "LIBS=..." line. I didn't yet find out how to do it properly.

I also had to compile the qtmain.lib by creating a project in the MSVC GUI and \
setting "Ignore default libraries" to "true". Somehow this didn't work with the nmake \
compilation and the resulting .lib files always generated double definitions for \
bad_cast or something when they were linked to a project.

Oh, and for t14, I had to change the "Game Over" font from "Courier" to "Courier new" \
(canonfield.cpp line 179) otherwise the font looked retro-style ;-)

--Michael