List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Qt versus threading
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2001-09-07 7:42:25

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 02:44:39PM +0200, Simon Hausmann wrote:

> Do I understand you correctly that this means that threading on FreeBSD
> (stable) is not reliable and working at all? (meaning there is a problem
> on the system level) If yes then I think we should re-consider enabling
> threads by default if the price for it is the loss of a platform.

Yes, sort-of.  With any -RELEASE or -STABLE (as of now) version of
FreeBSD, I don't think the threading stuff works (as) well, and I'm not
sure how actively it's being developed.  With -curent however, I have
noticed a bunch of bug fixes in the past few months or so.  When I finally
get kdelibs+base built I'll see if anything works *here*.

- alex