List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Qt versus threading
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2001-09-05 6:07:52

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 01:47:01PM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> Hmm, how did it work before? The patch should work ok. I'm just wondering
> where the usual -lsocket -lnsl comes from currently.

It didn't, this is my first try at getting Qt/3.0 to work.  Suffice to
say, it's been a pretty painful process with both PacBell and FreeBSD
against me.  I believe that libsocket && libnsl are hardcoded in the form
of $LIB_SOCKET somewhere.  There's also the chance that on platforms where
those libs are needed Qt does the proper dependency thing (i.e. linking
libqt-mt against libsocket), there's also the thought that the proper way
of using pthreads on -current isn't quite perfect.  -pthread is
depreciated in favor of -lc_r as the last library, the linker will DTRT
and not link libc.. who knows how this interacts with some libraries
depending on libc, some (like Mesa) depending on libc_r.

- alex