List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    dcop problem
From:       Michael Reiher <michael.reiher () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-08-30 17:51:56

Hi!

I want do use DCOP to disable/enable the screen saver from within a program.
Disabling works fine. But enabling doesn't work. I do:

 QByteArray data;
 QDataStream arg(data, IO_WriteOnly);
 arg << true;
 if ( !kapp->dcopClient()->send( m_screenSaverApp, m_screenSaverObj,
"enable(bool)", data ) )
   kdDebug() << "There was some error in dcop communication" << endl;

The call succeeds. But SaverEngine::enable( bool e ) (in kdesktop/lockeng.cc)
always receives false, no matter what I put into data. Am I doing something
wrong here?
Calling it from kdcop works fine, though.

Greets

Michael