List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    http://bugs.kde.org/db/31/31610.html
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-28 14:40:53

Hi!

Don't we all love internet transparency? ;(

Greetings, Stephan

1. add an object to a document for (example a embedded
   k-spread-object in kword)
2. save...
2. open the maindoc.xml of the saved file manually
3. now you can change the url from the embedded object tag to an
  *external* location.

<OBJECT mime="application/x-kspread"
url="http://localhost/readingDoc.pl" >

Every time I open the document, the koffice-part open this url
without confirmation. It try to load it. I only tested http.

Execution of programs *don't work* :-))

So it is possible e.g. for some companies to get informations about
"reading interrests".