List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KColorDialog (everybody loves screenshots)
From:       Hans Meine <hans_meine () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-08-28 13:42:57

Lenny <kudling@kde.org> writes:
> 2) Insert a tabwidget to allow multiple color-widgets. Tackat wonders if
> there is a better solution instead of tabs.

I like it. ;-) And I think it's obvious enough to users who are
experienced enough to configure colors. Even the default of HSB
instead of RGB is better for them I guess.

> 5) I removed the "html:"-label, because users who don't know these
> hex-strings, won't know html either and get no real information. This makes
> it possible to group the color-patch and the hex-string closer to each other,
> and result in a more compact dialog.

I also always tended to make dialogs more compact, but in the end they
look less confusing if you add some greater margins and spaces. It
looks a bit crowded in test.png IMO (e.g. the up/down arrows of the
numinputs) and stresses your visual system more than neccessary. ;-)

> I'm thinking about using sliders like in http://www.kudling.de/kde/hsv.png in
> the mid/long run.

That would be very nice. Or provide more tabs for HSB like now, a
color-wheel or other possible input methods. Also if you do the
sliders like in hsv.png, you should start with the current brightness
slider as it is working and presents a better preview because its
broader.

--
Ciao,  /  /
      /--/