List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KColorDialog (everybody loves screenshots)
From:       Lenny <kudling () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-28 12:18:00

This screenie illustrates some first sketched thoughts i had regarding to
KColorDialog. Of course the layout isn't perfect yet (some spaces are
insufficent etc.):
http://www.kudling.de/kde/test.png

Changes:
1) Bring the palette to the left and the colormanipulating-stuff to the right
(like in kde 1.x, Qt and Windows). I'm convinced that this serves the
left-to-right/top-to-bottom-order better which most user's eyes perform.

2) Insert a tabwidget to allow multiple color-widgets. Tackat wonders if
there is a better solution instead of tabs.

3) I removed the color-name because it's really redundant. Since
color->color-name mapping doesn't work (if you manipulate a color, the name
of a matching named-color doesn't get recognized) and the color changes when
you chose a different palette, the color-name only worked in conjunction with
the named-color-palette => redundant information.

5) I removed the "html:"-label, because users who don't know these
hex-strings, won't know html either and get no real information. This makes
it possible to group the color-patch and the hex-string closer to each other,
and result in a more compact dialog.

4) Use terminology HSB instead of HSV, which is more user-understandable. I
hope Adobe don't have a patent on that.

5) If we have enough space in the end, write HSB and RGB in real words (Hue,
Saturation...)

I'm thinking about using sliders like in http://www.kudling.de/kde/hsv.png in
the mid/long run.

Any comments besides "i like the old dialog better" ?