List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Desktop icons auto-placement back...
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-08-28 9:00:06

On Mardi 28 Août 2001 11:45, Michael Goffioul wrote:
> David Faure wrote:
> >
> > On Mardi 28 Août 2001 10:21, Michael Goffioul wrote:
> > > ...since yesterday (updated my CVS last night).
> > >
> > > Is there any workaround?
> >
> > Can you explain this more in details ?
> > I don't read kde-devel so I think I never read a description of this bug, only references to it....
>
> First, all my previous desktop layout is lost and all icons are vertically aligned
> on the left side in alphabeticale order.

If this is when upgrading to KDE-2.2. for the first time, it's a known bug and it's fixed
(the "new release" code was copying over an almost empty .directory file).
Otherwise, it's indeed a remaining bug. How is it triggered ? (what event makes it happen?).
Are the coordinates in the .directory file sensible ?

> Second, when I try to move an icon, it
> immediately gets back to its original position on the left side: it's impossible
> to move any icon.
Ouch. I can't see how this happens (icons are moved upon listing or renaming,
but when the user moves them the program doesn't interfer.....).
Hmm, unless some sort of "auto-arrange" gets triggered, but... well there's no
such feature yet (and the QIconView one is disabled).

I need either a way to reproduce this, or debug output....

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/