List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: qt 3
From:       jowenn () kde ! org
Date:       2001-08-27 13:42:07

Hi

> I mean, I think it's better to invest the
spare time to get a running
> system and clean up with no_compat/etc. after
that.
> (especially when qt_no_compat means lots if
#ifdef's for things like
> QPtrList<>QList to avoid qt2 compatibility...)
>
> I for one like the approach of doing things
incrementally.

> But then again friday is not too far away ;-)

I think on friday we should finally change at
least all header files to use the new classnames
and typenames, otherwise we will have problems
for a long time. (Kate should be qt2 and qt3
NO_COMPAT compatible (at leas on my system, and
mostly in CVS))

----------

Does someone have an idea, how to fix the
kxmlgui and toolbar/menubar things ? If the menu
bar is docked I see only it's caption and no
menu entries, and the toolbars behave the same.
The xml gui routines always return NULL
pointers. This happens even in the kdeui/tests
examples. (Or is this a problem of my
installation ?)

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger