List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Sugestion: KStdErrorMessages
From:       Pedro Morais <morais () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-26 23:49:46

Em Domingo, 26 de Agosto de 2001 23:40, David Faure escreveu:
> > Also, the KIO error reporting on file actions are a
> > cause for that because you get a value back but the developer needs to
> > interpret that. So a mapping between those would help I think (I mean,
> > map an error to an error string).
>
> How long ago did you have a look at kio/global.cpp, KIO::buildErrorString()
> ?

But there is still a lot of code that doesn't use KIO, and uses QFiles directly.
The question is:
is this wrong? should they be ported to use KIO? should all apps use ONLY kio?

--
Pedro Morais - LEIC/IST - pmmm@rnl.ist.utl.pt http://www.rnl.ist.utl.pt/~pmmm
Página Portuguesa do KDE http://kde.poli.org morais@kde.org