List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: EEK- kmix master volume control popup gone!
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-08-26 23:43:52

On Monday 27 August 2001 02:39, Neil Stevens wrote:
> On Sunday August 26, 2001 05:52, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> > As said, I didn't look. Now comes the "BUT" part :) The middle
> > mousebutton is mostly emulated if used at all by windows users - which
> > mostly only have two mouse buttons at all. This function with the master
> > control should be *easily* accessible, the complete stuff can be
> > retrieved over the menu. But I propose a better handling: use
> > single-click for the master control and doubleclick for the full mixer
> > controls. I think that satisfies the user's needs and windows does it
> > the same way, or ?
>
> Windows users, sure.  But Unix users have had middle mouse button
> functionality for ages, like on the root window.

That's for advanced functionality (stuff that you can do another way).
You can get the window list from many other places,
you can open a new window (from a link) in konqueror using the RMB menu, etc.

Simple things should be simple to access - and the master control volume
is a very basic need on the desktop, it should be accessible via LMB or RMB, not MMB.

/me who doesn't feel like explaining his mother or father that they have to hold both
buttons of the mouse at the same time - how unintuitive is that ?

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/