List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    REQUEST: Fix for login problems to web accounts (services)
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-26 18:17:28

Hi,

I have an important request for those of you that have been experiencing problems logging
into any web based services such as your bank or email accounts.  If you are using the HEAD
branch, simply update compile bla bla :) and try to login into these problematic sites.  For those
of you still on the 2_2_BRANCH, use the patch attached below.

I have discovered broken implementations of the cookie specification that we did not correctly
deal with in our cookiejar which I suspect is the cause for most of the "I cannot login into..."
bug reports we have gotten.  Anyways, I am now able to login to sites such as mail.lycos.com
and most of all I can access my account at Citibank which I have never been able to do before!
So all of you that have had problems with logging into your banks, email accounts and any such
web services, please test these fixes and let me know if it works for you so that I can commit
the fixes to the 2_2_BRANCH as well.

Link for 2_2_BRANCH:
http://users.starpower.net/adawit/kde2/patches/cookiejar.gz

Thanks,