List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Removing Noatun from cvs
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-25 11:39:02

On Saturday, 25. August 2001 12:38, Carsten Wolff wrote:
> Am Saturday 25 August 2001 02:32 schrieb Charles Samuels:
> > You can't expect me to implement features I don't want, especially when
> > I'm doing this because I, erhm like coding.
>
> You're right for shure. This is, how OpenSource works. People who are
> missing a feature and are capable of implementing it, just do it.
> But I think, if you have your program in KDE-releases, you have to live
> with the fact, that many people don't know about this principle. KDE _is_ a
> very popular Desktop and more and more pure users have it. And users
> _mostly_ give feedback only, if they dislike something. Be sure, there are
> more people who are happy with your work, than the feedback teels you.

Yep. And you can even use the potential sometimes of the developers who are
on CVS :) What I did with kpersonalizer was adding autostart for the first
time the user logs in but I wasn't sure if it really works. As at that time
the personalizer screwed up people's config files, the complaints told me
that the autostart worked LOL

You have to see it from a positive side once in a while and not say complains
suck. In fact they don't - as long as nobody uses swear words on you. Please
give your best to get the IDG award at LWE for KDE; noatun helps here as a
part of KDE 2.2 and AFAIK you didn't get any complains at least from me for a
while now - which means I'm quite happy to use noatun instead of xmms :)

Ralf

> Carsten.

Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org