List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: automated user CVS
From:       Daniel Naber <daniel.naber () t-online ! de>
Date:       2001-08-24 21:53:51

On Friday 24 August 2001 22:10, David Faure wrote:

> I would think that we want something a bit more high-level for KOffice
> documents. I.e. changes in the text and changes in the formatting
> shouldn't be presented the same way at all. I wonder which solution's
> easier, between parsing the output of an XML-diff to figure out what's
> what, and saving as text, using raw diff,

The problem here is that people want word-level differences, not
line-level ones. Actually the algorithm used in diff (the unix command) is
highly optimized and it won't care if it stops at \n or at a whitespace,
so it could be used. It's not *that* complicated, but it's plain C of
course.

Regards
 Daniel

http://www.danielnaber.de