List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: automated user CVS
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-08-24 20:10:40

On Friday 24 August 2001 19:35, Rik Hemsley wrote:
> #if Simon Hausmann
> > I think revision support would indeed be a cool feature. I wouldn't use
> > CVS though but instead use raw RCS (less overhead) . And the revision
> > support should probably be limited to text data, which imposes the problem
> > of need for something like xdetla for binary data in office documents.
>
> I recently found a tool which does a nice diff on XML files. This could
> be great for showing changes between revisions of a koffice document.

I would think that we want something a bit more high-level for KOffice documents.
I.e. changes in the text and changes in the formatting shouldn't be presented
the same way at all. I wonder which solution's easier, between parsing the output
of an XML-diff to figure out what's what, and saving as text, using raw diff,
and applying the formatting to the lines being shown (plus noticing changes
in formatting only...). Hmm, I guess it all depends on how useable the output of
the XML diff looks like - any examples ?

David, who has been looking for such a tool in his previous job and didn't find
any free one at the time....