List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: qt 3
From:       Simon Hausmann <hausmann () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-23 14:51:55

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 04:01:06PM +0200, Marc Mutz wrote:
> Are there any plans for this? I've not seen someone posting about these
> kind of issues here yet. There should be an overall plan for things
> that need more fixing than a
> s/QList/QPtrList/g
> and
> #if QT_VERSION < 290
> #include <qlist.h>
> #define QPtrList QList
> #else
> #include <qptrlist.h>
> #endif

I don't think we should do that. I'd rather go for disabling QT_NO_COMPAT and QT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE
for now. That gives far more source compatibility and will give us a running system much
faster (with less work) . (it will enable QList/QDict, etc.)

> > Please note that the
> > focus is NOT rewriting code or adding lots of features but to make a
> > clean and straightforward (and correct port). KDE 2.2 isn't really
> > stable as we know now, so KDE3 snapshots should become a good
> > replacement in the near future.
>
> The problem is here that there are a few major changes in Qt3 that
> possibly need much work to get right in the port. QRegExp's changed
> syntax together with it being implicitely used in QString::find is one
> example, another one being the changes to QFont.

QRegExp is fully source compatible if you don't define QT_NO_CPMPAT.

Simon