List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: bug 29151 - easy one
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-08-23 10:12:34

On Thursday 09 August 2001 20:27, aleXXX wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can somebody please have a look at bug report 29151, it describes a bug of
> with telnet-url's. It even already includes the fix.
> But since I'm no expert with regexps and never tried telnet://whatever
> myself, I don't feel like applying the patch myself.

I think we shouldn't do this stuff on the command line, we need a ktelnetservice program
that processes the arguments and launches telnet appropriately (just like we have kmailservice etc.)
This would make it more easy to write and extend (and make the terminal configurable etc. etc.)

As he mentions in the bug report, there is the issue that a website could use ';' in a username
and run a command this way (say rm -rf $HOME ?)... With C++ code we could
add checks against that. With sed it's a bit too hard.