List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Some bugs...
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-10 14:10:13

On Friday 10 August 2001 14:21, Bernhard Rosenkraenzer
wrote:
> 8. copy lots of message from some other folder (I used my
> seawolf mailing list with some 9500+ messages and about
> 41MB).
>
> 9. delete ~/Mail/.inbox.index and
> ~/Mail/.inbox.index.sorted
>
> 10. start kmail
>
> 11. compose and send a message ... this fails with
> out-of-memory message."

Unfortunately I can't reproduce this problem.

I copied 11,000 messages, 30MB from my kde-cvs folder into
the inbox and tried sending a message. It worked fine.

Since it is the smtp server that is returning the error you
might like to monitor what information is passed to the
smtp server. Normally I do that by inserting debug
statements in kmail/smtp.cpp but people also use programs
like ethereal for doing that.

Don.