List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 2.2 tagged
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2001-08-06 14:26:20

On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 09:58:09AM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > I'd like KMonop to be moved to kdegames.
>
> Last time I tried it, it was showing 90p in English, required you to use
> your servers, etc. Did it evolve since then?

Yes, there's i18n all over the code now. And even though KMonop has been in
kdenonbeta, translations slowly seem to be appearing as well.

Messages sent from monopd are not translated, but for 1.0 the goal is to
remove all human readable messages in the protocol and replace them by
proper XML which can be interpreted and displayed by clients, exactly for
the purpose of client-side i18n.

Servers are still hardcoded, but monopd will support Napigator-alike
features in its 0.2.1 release which is expected in one or two weeks (it is
already been implemented in CVS). KMonop will then request a list of
available servers from a (couple of) master server(s).

If you wish, we can keep KMonop in kdenonbeta until those changes are
through - but it's likely they will be in before I go to bed.

Nonetheless, KMonop is in a playable state and on schedule for a 1.0 release
simultaneously with the next major KDE release.

(see also http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-games-devel&m=99606295931258&w=2 for
the KMonop status)

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | Realize what happened to the dotcom industry before even
cap@capsi.com | thinking about implementing any dotnet technology.