List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Settings vs. View
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-01 20:16:47

On Wednesday 01 August 2001 12:55 pm, Lenny wrote:
> Finally i want to excuse myself, if i might sound harsh, it's not ment this
> way. I just think this might be an important step towards the right
> direction for kde.

It might help if you closely read the style guide where a lot of these things
are covered. If you then look at KDE you will notice that these issues are
not always solved in the way the style guide suggests. IMO it would be a
constructive step to identiy these discrepancies and see if they can be
adressed in the KDE code. It might very well be that the style guide isn't
clear in some areas, in that case the style guide should be clearified.

I don't see any reason to actually change the recommendations made by the
style guide, that should only be done as a last resort measure if it is very
clear that something does not work and there is consecus about a way to solve
that better.

Making ad hoc changes to menu-structures because it looks better at first
glance is not the way to go.

Cheers,
Waldo
--