List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: konsole patch to disable argument inheriting by new sessions by default
From:       Chris Machemer <machey () ptd ! net>
Date:       2001-07-31 2:30:36

But you _can_ run other konsole windows from one that you started this way
(ie with a -e command)  You just need to pick the session type from the menu
rather then just clicking the new button.

I implemented this due to multiple wishlist requests, not just cuz I
personally thought it was "the right way" for konsole to behave.  I suppose
it really is a matter of a) taste, and b) all the people who expect konsole
to behave the way it always has...the new button opens a shell and that's it.

But the thing that people most often complained about was not getting -ls
carried through to new sessions.  Would it be completely confusing to allow
-ls to carry forward, but not do that with -e?

-Chris