List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdevelop@bero [was: Re: KDE 2.2 RELEASE]
From:       "F () lk Brettschneider" <gigafalk () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-07-30 18:48:28

Waldo Bastian wrote:

> Two remarks then:
>
> 1) That might not work because Bero mentioned the defaults where in
> /usr/share/config/kdeveloprc.
OK. The wizard just changes the local user config file.

> 2) And what if the user _doesn't_ call the "KDevelop 2.0 setup" wizard? You
> might want to use use the kconf_update framework for this instead, it makes
> sure to update the config files when you start KDE. (Let me know if you need
> something that it doesn't support yet)
A neat solution would be if I change the name of the section for
KDevelop-2.0. On the one hand a dead section would remain for the
KDevelop-1.4 users which reuse their config file but on the other hand
it saves us from those crashes. Right? Should I fix it in that way? It
shouldn't introduce a problem since a missing section doesn't make
problems at all, the default docking will work in that case.

Is there still time for that fix?

Cheers,
F@lk