List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Japanese support
From:       Simon Hausmann <hausmann () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-30 7:12:30

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 08:51:49AM +0200, Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:
> Our Japanese people say we need to apply the patches from
> http://www.kde.gr.jp/patch/ for KDE to work properly in Japanese. Can
> someone who actually understands i18n stuff take a look at them? If
> they're really needed, they should probably go into 2.2...

I think some of the patches certainly make sense and look safe (like the
knewsticker one) . But on the other hand the ksirc one we can't apply
(it changes the GUI by adding a 'Use ISO-2022-JP Codec' checkbox, besides
other strange stuff - it's a very unfortunate situation as apparently still
a lot of work went into the patch :/ )

Bye,
 Simon