List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: MS ICO write in kimgio still is broken
From:       Malte Starostik <malte () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-29 11:30:33

On Samstag, 28. Juli 2001 18:46, Claudiu Costin wrote:
>       Hello friends,
>
> KDE is closing to release and kdelibs still have reported
> and unresolved bugs. Almost one month ago I reported
> that MS ICO plugin from kimgio write _bad_ ICO files.
>   I've sent to Malte (and Coolo) an tar.gz with
> example programm, Perl script which extract MS ICO info etc.
> and hope this get resolved.
>
>   No contructive response by now. If I'll have the knowledge
> (and more time of course) then I'll put my hand. But I'm
> too weak in programming.
>
> P.S. There is _no_ program in Linux to make MS ICO 16x16 - 16 colors.
> The free one is an on-line java app at www.favicon.com
Sorry, forgot about that one. Should be fixed now, please test. Maybe one
time after the release I'll find some time to add real support for multi-icon
.ICOs and user-selectable colour depths to KIconEdit. At least with kxpm2ico
you should be able to generate valid .ICO files now.

--
Malte Starostik
PGP: 1024D/D2F3C787 [C138-2121-FAF3-410A-1C2A-27CD-5431-7745-D2F3-C787]